Posted: Sep 27 2017, 09:25 PM
21 posts
28 years old
Overwatch
© Hope
Protecting the Protectors

knowing to ask for help
is strength, not weakness
Central City. It had a completely different feel than her own home of Star City, though Felicity would have been hard-pressed to explain it. Sure, it had its problems - otherwise it wouldn’t need the help of a certain Scarlet Speedster. And yet, there was a certain brightness, a kind of overriding optimism to Central City that had a way of putting the former Starling City to shame. Not that it meant she wanted to leave - Star City needed her, and seeing how great that need was in comparison to Central City only cemented her determination to make it better.

This time around, though, Felicity needed some help in those efforts to improve her city - for a few of its residents. And that was the problem: while a string of small crimes had devastating effects on their chosen victims, they were relatively low priority for the Star City Police Department. Especially when the crooks were far too quick for anyone to either catch them in the act, or even given a usable physical description.

Fortunately, Felicity new someone who was very fast. It felt a little selfish to be at S.T.A.R. Labs only because she needed something, but Barry’s help seemed like the only solution - particularly since one of the victim was a friend of Felicity’s. That made it personal. She smiled slightly as she entered the lab building, its design and the technology and science she knew went on inside always made her feel at home.

Felicity headed for the main area where she knew that most of the staff worked, many of them her friends. Hopefully, she came at the right time to catch Barry there, but either way, it would be nice to see the S.T.A.R. team again. “Anyone here?” she called. “Don’t tell me I came all the way here on some Central City holiday.”

BY MITZI

PMEmail
^
Barry Allen
 Posted: Sep 29 2017, 11:40 PM
17 posts
26 years old
The Flash
© Maria
N/A

Barry jumped slightly when he heard someone talk. Not so much because he feared that he couldn't handle it but because he didn't expect it, he didn't expect anyone there as most had left temporary. Barry was near the area where Felicity was as he was heading back there which was how he heard it. It took him a bit until he realized who it was. It took him a while because he didn't expect her there at all. Not that it was a bad surprise. It was just shocking. Barry sighed as he smiled and walked in. Also he ended up behind her. "Felicity, what a surprise. What are you doing here? Is everything OK?" he said as he frowned a bit as he said the last part. Barry had a bad feeling but hoped that he was wrong as he waited for her to reply as he wondered what would she say. He wondered what could have happened while they haven't seen each other or heard from each other. Barry began imagine the worst even if he tried not to. Not that he hated surprise visits but a lot of times they had to do with her needing help or such. Barry feared that it might be the case at the moment. He was rather regular visits but with their lives, it was hardly the case. Barry never blamed her or her team for it, just it always worried him. Granted, those visits had to do with him too but mostly with needing his help. Barry had a feeling it was the case this time too as he was ready to help with anything she needed help with.

He looked around and back at her as he waited for a reply. Barry was definitely willing to help her with anything. If she needed help and wasn't there for a visit that is. Barry was truly concerned as he cared for her, as he cared for all the arrow team. If they were in trouble and needed help he planned to be there for them no matter what. This moment especially, of course as that was just the way he was. "What happened? Are you alright? And the team? Oliver? Diggle? How are all of them doing? Any help you need we are there for you. Or at least just me, so do tell I am all ears," Barry said as he moved over to her and brought her a chair to sit on, by moving it next to her. Many possibilitied run in his mind as he tried to shake those thoughts out, as he waited for her to reply to him. Barry was worried sick even if he tried not to. However, as much as he wished thst it was, he doubted that it was a regular visit from one friend to another. When ahe spoke Barry listened as he truly wanted to know the answer to that. He wasn't trying to be rude as he hoped that she knew that, even if he believed that she did, it was just that he was used to her coming to ask for help. Despite Barry knew that she used that to visit him too but it didn't change the fact that she was there to ask for help. He figured it was the same this moment too. Not that Barry had problems helping her. Far from it.

He was just used to her coming more to ask for help rather than to hang out. As Felicity came more to ask for help rather than for a visit, so Barry figured it was the case now as before. He was glad that she felt that she could trust him, even more than Oliver as it kinda made him feel like he was better than Oliver in more ways than he thought. However, Barry wished that she came to visit him more to hang out rather than for help but he understood that and didn't really complain about that. Or at least not much. He had no intention of turning her down so, quite the opposite actually. Barry planned to help her no matter what as he cared and loved helping. Turning someone who asked for help down wasn't like him at all and never will be, no matter what. Barry refused to make that be him at that moment either as that wasn't him either. Felicity no doubt needed help as before and Barry wanted to do all he could to help her. No matter what. That was the way he was and the way he planned to stay. However, Barry was still worried no matter what. As he tended to do that when his friends were in trouble and needed help.

Barry planned to help as much as possible at the moment, just like before. He just hoped that it would be easy to help. Not before Barry wanted her gone but because he hoped that that way she could stay a bit longer and they could hang out as he wanted to hang out with her before she went back to Star City. Given the fact that they hadn't seen each other in a while and hadn't hang out or talked for that long, as he missed that. Barry missed her as they were friends and he believed that they needed to catch up. He believed that they needed it as there was a lot neither of them knew about the other life; he was sure of that. Barry wanted to remedy that if it was possible and if she herself wanted that. Which he hoped that it was the case as he wanted to leaen more about her life at the present time. Since Barry didn't know much just like she didn't know about his life in the present time and he wanted to change that. If it was even possible at all.
PM
^
Felicity Smoak
 Posted: Oct 1 2017, 09:29 PM
21 posts
28 years old
Overwatch
© Hope
Protecting the Protectors

knowing to ask for help
is strength, not weakness
In retrospect, it probably would have been wise to call ahead to make sure that she wouldn’t be interrupting anything - or even that the S.T.A.R. team would be around - but that kind of foresight had never really been her style. For good or bad, Felicity had a habit of jumping headfirst into things, taking the action she felt in her heart that she needed to take.The problem was, sometimes that worked out the way she expected and sometimes it didn’t. This time, at least, her lack of planning seemed like it wouldn’t be a problem - though with it so quiet and the lab, she had started to wonder. She had just been about to call Barry on her phone - what she should have done much earlier - when she heard him.

Felicity spun at the sound of Barry’s voice behind her, relieved to find that he was at S.T.A.R. Labs. She knew this was an unexpected visit, but she couldn’t think of anyone more qualified to help in this case than Barry and the team here in Central City. When criminals proved next to impossible to catch, who better to go to than the fastest man around? At least that had been her thinking. “Barry - I’m so glad I caught you here,” she said with a smile. ”You know, since you’re so difficult to catch.” The joke, her little play on words, likely didn’t need an explanation, but as usual she provided one anyway.

The questions that followed made her feel a bit guilty. They reminder her just how rarely she stopped by Central City and S.T.A.R. Labs just to visit. While she considered herself a friend to Barry and the others, only showing up when she needed something didn’t make Felicity a great friend and she knew it. She made a mental note to try to plan more trips to Central just because. “Everything is fine,” Felicity rushed to assure him. She hated that just by visiting she could cause any kind of concern. “Although I wish I could say I was just here to visit this time.”

In spite of herself, Felicity grinned at the barrage of questions that Barry posed. Of all the people she knew, he was one of the few that could talk as quickly and as much as she did on occasion. She could tell that he was genuinely concerned and wanted to make sure that she relieved those concerns before making her request. “Everyone is fine - Oliver, Diggle - we’re good, really. I didn’t mean to worry you by showing up so suddenly, but it’s nothing like that.” Felicity took the seat that he offered, and tried to mentally collect her thoughts before explaining things to Barry. “But there is a situation where I think we could use your help. And when I say we, I mean me. The others don’t know that I’m here.”

BY MITZI

PMEmail
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

skin created by Jenna of shine, caution, atf, candyland, and wecode.